20 May 2012

I can see for miles and miles* and it's kind of over the top like a romcom where I just can't look away

I was in Seattle these past couple of weeks and I will begin slowly unloading stories but first can we address something my cousin showed me while I was there?


boniverotica


Yes. Bon Iver Erotica––which you probably already know about just like every hipster everywhere ate, slept, and breathed Bon Iver when he first came out and so did I but I was unaware of everyone else ODing too. (How was I supposed to resist an album entitled "For Emma, forever ago"?) 


Don't freak out mom and dad, it's not actual erotica. Bon Iver is essentially hipster relaxation music. Can I call it that? I only listen for relaxation because sometimes I find his voice too sweet, too nice. But guys, this tumblr is totally my ryan-gosling-hey-girl thing. After my evening bike ride I was going to write this:


I know what house we would live in here. It's tiny, dilapidated, and hiding in a cave of trees and bushes. Have I ever told you I kind of love dilapidated looking houses? Ones that used to be white but are now so worn they look like mournful, ghostly summer cottages.I want a house hidden by trees and rambling bushes but I worry whether enough sunlight will get in. I want to be able to lay on the floor looking out large windows at the tree tops imagining I'm in a mountain cabin. I've always wanted to live in a mountain cabin.


1. I acknowledge that's hecka boring for you and have decided that's the fodder of journals and not blogs. So I wasn't going to post it.
2. But then I remembered B.I. and felt you needed a boniverotica example so you can have a good chuckle with me at how cheesy I am:


via boniverotica


*bon iver holocene lyric

1 comment: