27 September 2007

take the world into your smile

I have decided the grill is a fascist dictator.
Alors, I stand and shout proudly VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!

Not that I really know too much about fascism, they don't teach you anything but republican or democrat in school these days. More than that is total anarchy. I learned from You've Got Mail and Greg Kinnear to associate Italy's Franco with fascism. And leather jackets and movie theatres. I. just. can't. help myself.

Oh but I can. I grill to live not live to grill. I'm taking my blood back, I'm going to live. Yes how I love the grill, but dear grill this must be a healthy thing with some give and take. "If you wanna be my lover/ you have got to give." If I keep giving, I will give until all I have is gone and I must quit and live in the streets. There would be no friends with couches to call home. I would have given you my friendships, grill. You will not be my abusive boyfriend.
VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!
VIVA VIVA VIVA!

Already I'm smiling more.

Yesterday I woke up and reset my alarm. Half asleep me decided a real breakfast wasn't worth getting up for. But then it happened. Déjà vu. Peaking out from the unbleached muslin I am wrapped into I can tell by aura of the rays of light shining onto the wall next to me it's later than I wanted to wake up. It isn't always the same time. For some reason light gives off a certain feeling when you're late. Rain or snow, sun, hail, morning, afternoon.
15 minutes to my first class.
Half asleep me thought I was smart and didn't need to look at the numbers I set for the alarm on my mobile.
12:05am.

The ipod has created further confusion in my life. I used it on my run today. That's great, I even smile more to hear my strobe-lighted tunes as I rhythm along. But whenever I hear "Brass monkey, that funky monkey" I inherently feel I must do the running man. The running man and your friendly neighborhood jog are not the same thing.

"Children it's a sin to lump all hypocrisy together. If none of us were hypocrites we would be dull and dead. There is the hypocrisy of moralling more than we can ever avail. En d'autres termes, hold yourself to a higher standard. For you will fail, you hypocrite, but on what other terms does improvement come by?"

viva la revolución.


(Song lyrics in quotes: Spice Girls' Wannabe; Beastie Boys' Brass Monkey)

No comments:

Post a Comment