27 October 2007

He rode a roller coaster and that seemed to be the key

Warning: I am in one whole and happy piece eating my breakfast of apple and hot cocoa in my apartment.

Thursday afternoon I was curled up on a hospital bed in an ER crying. J'ai la tolérance des dieux for pain. Or I thought. Maybe I'm not quite there yet. I was in my pleated polyester dress with my Audrey Tautou bangs staining the hospital pillow with my not waterproof mascara.

On a scale of one to ten, ten being the worst, what would you rate your pain?
I'm sure she was wearing scrubs. The light green pants with the children's printed tent top.
Nine.
I won't rule out that it could be worse.

There are some amazing things you realize when you force yourself to think through the pain.

I didn't start crying until I asked for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment