27 November 2007

recommendations for swiss account transfers

I've been reading food blogs again and listening to Pink Floyd. I'm feeling a little trippy right now because the Lunatic is in the grass*. Or grahss, since it's a little English sounding. I feel like I've mastered a few things in cooking as I make my tri-monthly personal batch of soup (kind of mimicking the tri-weekly ritual of soupings at the grill). My cookings are these easy habits I've picked up and so my new goal is to cook something new each week. I'm searching for healthy little main dishes on the internet of blogs I peruse because ma soeur still has my Vegetarian cook book. Notice that word? I don't eat meat. And most of the blogs I read are very french-habited with french titles for their recipes. So as I sift through archives I keep having to look up words to see if I'm about to read instructions for a sausage or something.

It's chilling out here. I've been adopting layers into my outfit all day, right down to two pairs of socks. If I throw on another pair of socks I think I might be able to stay toasty all evening.

Hier (yesterday) (pronounced ee-yair with not much emphasis on the r), I stopped by a couple of chums' appartements. One was my old British chum, the other was the strange girl from my freshman ward. Mmmm...is a better word "interesting"? I'm fascinated to figure out how she continues to exist in a world separate from...everything. She is devoid of interest in clothes; current movies, music...I see her about uni campus and she's got her hair in a high ponytail with a scarf tied around it but there's nothing even bobbysocks about it. Anyway, I've rarely had anyone be so delighted to see me visit. She treated me with a cup of homemade cider she'd brought from a Thanksgiving back at her family's ranch, played that old bugle call for me on a wooden Native American flute. She showed me pictures of her family, warned me that history classes have a lot of reading
but none of it is busy work (I was hoping to take a Scandinavian history class but that's not happening). She told me about this boy her roommates think is perfect for her but their similarities seem superficial to her because he's a city boy and she would never survive in a city. She's happy to be an old cat lady even though she doesn't care for cats. And apparently her père sometimes professionally jumped trampoline. You know, a side gig.

Ciao bellas and bellos.

*Brain Drain

No comments:

Post a Comment