04 January 2008

Couldn't you just tie up the loose ends? no? oh...

Why haven't I written, you might be asking yourselves--I know, how do you survive without my fascinating wit? Must be tough.
Maybe because I've been as happy as a clam, or an oyster cuddling in with the pearls, and not that you're swine, but pearls aren't something you just cast about or speak of verbosely. No, you shut your little oyster shell and settle in.
Speaking of which, if I were to slice a pearl down the center would I be able to see the little bit of grit that slipped in to become pearlized?
There was a bit o' grit to the Christmas holidays, I mean how many pairs of shoes can you slip into when you are wearing three pairs of thick wool socks?
I think a classic moment from the vacay would be the carpool to church one Sunday morning. This dear little car pool is a trip of 45 minutes to and 45 from. I was sitting in the back seat with this woman seems to have a nature of not believing a word you say. She's gentle, loving, and genuine, but you will never convince her of anything in an argument.
She says to me, "So, what...you're a freshman, sophomore? How many years has it been? One...maybe it's been two......"
"Three years. I'm a junior."
"Really?" The look of doubt it creeping across her face.
"Really."
A minute later, "I guess, you know, well I believe you."
I'm still not quite sure what the appropriate response to that is. Thank you? Time flies by?

3 comments:

  1. I'm a non-believer. But its because I have tendency to lie so often myself. Maybe she is a secret liar. We tend to not trust people, especially those with weird Nordic phrases they try to pass off as real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, thanks for the political banter on my blog! I'm with you. Not implying that you were sympathetic to Romney, but I was. However, strictly voting on issues I was heavily leaning democrat. Part of me likes Ron Paul too just because he has drastically different ideas than the other Republican candidates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anytime Rich, anytime. I'm secretly full of banter on lots of things.

    ReplyDelete