25 January 2008

Oh it's just another drip drop drop dropppppp-pah

I received one of my favorite compliments in Doc Making class on Tuesday. We presented little sequences of our latest filming ventures and opened them up for meager class discussion (it is actually open for more of a class discussion but there's always beaucoup de reticence). Mine was really only a few seconds...I always seem to be doing nothing or shoving a week's To Do list into the form of two days...anyway, it was short and sweet of a dear girl kneading bread--I wish you could have been there as I filmed, I really need to go back through the footage, she told me she was a collector of stories and so I asked her to tell me a story. It was utter magic.
One fellow student pipes up after our habitual applause, "She's a really interesting person."
YES! YES! YES!
can I say that again?
YES! YES! YES!
(Here's another of my frequent moments of idealism or something of the like) THIS IS WHY I WANT TO MAKE DOCUMENTARIES! BECAUSE I LOVE EVERY FASCINATING FIBER OF YOUR EXISTENCE! It's all I know and it's the strongest need I've ever had in my life but I HAVE GOT TO TELL YOUR STORY.
YES! YES! YES!
She IS interesting.


So Merci tout le monde. Thank you for being alive. And thank you for loving Onion Cutter as I do.





I've been much too serious lately. I need to staunch my bleeding heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment