02 February 2008

remember when I sat at a kitchen table and wrote that book

the why-man said less than seven hours and you're drunk
i've never repaired to that
i've never repaired and i've periodically tried
but i'm not the repairing type
drunk
drunk
drunk
and no worries
but some worries
yes some worries
just to hold to, even though pet dinosaur sits goldly

haha...fine, no more confusing you all with rotten poetry.

Signing a contract is nerve racking for me. I kind of feel I just renewed the lease on my livelihood today because I put my name down in blood for the spring and summer here. Why have I made this decision so early, because of France, why France? Bleh, that's for another day, or in other words, convenience of mail, my friend.
It was a little ridiculous. I had to APPLY to renew a contract. I had to fill out a sheet with name and number, address (??? hmmmm....can I write "HERE"?), SOCIAL SECURITY number (do I really have to fill out my SSN? I got a dead pan look of duh and the answer, yes), I had to give them a personal reference (luckily I know my Boss's cell phone number by heart....) and a different landlord reference (I've lived here for six months...yeah, that doesn't give you anything to work with yet). I had to answer personal questions and tell them where I was going to uni and give them my student ID number.

I'm glad we're screening our residents...

(should I just leave them my credit card to make it easier for them to steal my identity?)

3 comments:

  1. Actually no one but the federal government can require you to give them your social security number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. giving your mother's maiden name would expedite the identity theft process.

    Also, I think the past couple of night you HAVE been shaking things up a little. Ra-cha-cha

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's true, I have been shaking things up. I've been brushing my teeth BEFORE I wash my face.

    ReplyDelete