09 April 2008

the compartmentalization of philosophy

I just watched the last half of There's a Shrimp on the Barbie and I would like to say:

there is a ramification of terrorism that we have terribly neglected.

What happens when you have to run through an airport to talk the the one you love from flying out of your life forever?

You have to buy a ticket and because of all of the security your chances of catching them before the plane takes off are severely limited. Of course, you could call airport security and suggest that your loved one is a terrorist so he will be detained long enough until you can declare your undying love. However, if Hollywood can be trusted (Redacted) you would still never see the person you love again. And the government would never acknowledge their existence. And lets not even imagine what terrible fate your loved one would suffer. And your brain would probably be erased à la Eternal Sunshine of a
Spotless Mind.
There is the spectacular scene in Love Actually where Sam runs through the airport but what is he, eleven? I think it's difficult for anyone over 4'8" to slip past security like that.
In other words, all romantic relationships are doomed. In seeking after our loved ones we may raise that ambiguous terror-o-meter to level orange.


Kids watch too many movies these days...

I suppose I have no need to worry about all of this though. Aujourd'hui à la grille I was washing my hands and the Onion Cutter came and gave me a big hug. We're best friends now. Si douce {so sweet}.

Samuel Beckett said he wrote in French (his native language was English) because it was easier for him to write without style.
It is also nice to write in a new language because it still has a mystery and an innocence.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. I guess I have never thought about these ramifications pertained to running after the one love before they go through the gate. That's disappointing because as many know, I totally want to do this sometime.

    ReplyDelete