25 May 2008

ooooooohhhhh the fuddling, a march of phrases

I've been enjoying seeing the ducks take their naps in the grass.

The truth of the matter is I am much more comfortable sitting on the porch swing by myself, sometimes feeling wistful, than I am when a boy is interested and I answer the phone. I always feel like not answering.
No awkward voices, pauses, speaking over each other.
None of me hanging up on anyone because I think goodbyes are awkward.
But I answer and imagine myself throwing the phone at their face.
I could almost be considered terrible or pitiful.
Now the question is, when I show up at a barbeque of strangers, what happens when I try to avoid the meat?

2 comments:

  1. It means you like people who speak other languages.

    And you like the idea of wind power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... there! I just caught up on your blog and read all your posts. I'm sorry I haven't read for a while. I like the new grey design.

    ReplyDelete