03 June 2008

I wrapped myself right out of the dryer

Have you heard the trouble I have with cell phones? I've been looking at reviews and watching demo videos on Youtube for various cell phones for.eh.ver. I have to balance out my need for a stylish phone with my tendency to drown everything I own in water. I don't even like talking on the phone. And I rarely text. But I just caaaaaaaaan't tah tah tah bring myself to buy anything ugly. So the search went on for a couple of months while I switched between three very old cell phones, each one progressively older and filled with more and more crackles and break-ups.
Tuesday night I couldn't take it anymore.

I finally bought a phone and I splurged on three day shipping so I could get it before I went HOME (!!) for a visit.

(home)

After work yesterday I had five missed calls from the same number. "Who is this who so madly wants to speak to me?" I wondered. I redialed and found that it was the company I had ordered my phone from. A Mr. Roger tells me my order was cancelled, "I sorry ma'am, that my fault. I assidentilly pressed wrong button. Will you re-order phone?" "OOOK ma'am, OOOK ma'am."

There is that house somewhere abouts here that sets me daydreaming periodically. It has a cement block front porch, a bit crumbly of course, with a little table where one might sit and play cards with another or maybe the other putters about in the house while one fiddles with work and writings outside. Then a nice evening would stretch out while two people sat at the little table. Well, it turns out that the house attached to said cement block porch is actually inhabited by a few friends of mine. A youthful college abode, the other set of young dreamers.
Instead of shooting guns last Saturday, I went there for a Unicorn Party. Yes, Unicorns. .....? Where I found myself drawing unicorns on socks which I then wore to work where I grilled 100 sirloin steaks and 100 salmon. I saw more blood than you probably saw watching the new Rambo.

OooK ma'am! OOOoooKay.

No comments:

Post a Comment