18 June 2008

"Oh Vernon, there's someone on our freezer!" "This game, everynight, this game!"

For all the subtexts in the world

I walked into the grill today for the first time in a week and a half. I saw the Onion Cutter and he threw up his hands with surprise and gave me a big welcoming hug. No one could feel down on themselves with such co-workers.
But poor old Onion Cutter was faced with the news that the love of his life will not be working with him anymore. When Weez, as he calls her, told him that today was her last day and she would soon be leaving to spend the rest of her life in Denmark, he groaned loudly "Oh Boy!"

Being on a university, my grill is plagued by sports camps. They could strike fear into your hearts, they will.
They struck while I was on vacation last week. My dearest co-worker started writing journals of the attack as one does during long sieges one might not survive. She wrote me journals referring to generals and battles, offensives, reprieves. She is now serving her vacation and I decided to write her journals. Let's enjoy them togetha, shall weee...

June 18th - Wednesday - 17:57
The Slaughter has slowed down but we took our worst hits today. We lost three workers*.
After only seven hours of this struggle I find a paranoia growing inside of me. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder. But it's not so bad when you expect the worst.
The power went off at 10:24 with T minus thirty six minutes until we opened for lunch. Everyone was at their stations preparing for a defensive stance along the front line when it happened. We looked to the General to see how he would react but he kept right on instructing a private on their burger set-ups. I had terrible visions of Miss Havisham and of the General in his last tragic scene as the grill would meet the lunch surge un-electrified. He would yell out commands that no one could follow, "Get more burgers on the grill!" "How many fries do we need down?!" "Where's the sandwich for number 24?!" Luckily, reinforcements fixed the power after twenty minutes.
But still, some of us are beginning to crack.

*Three peoples' last day today and no one to take their places! I really might crack!

PS. I've got evergrowing crushes on The Beatles. I could almost dance about it.

Other than this all, I feel alive again. Let's vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment