08 July 2008

frip frip frip words that just go all over

I went to a little venue tonight. I've only gone to a few shows there, but it's one of my favorite places to go. I love live music, and to spare you my "world weary" opinions, I'll merely say, I've started to only go to shows when I know people in one of the performing bands.
This little venue is funny to me. It was fabled in my freshman year as I socialized with boys I was too naive to socialize with. "Ohhhh...your band performs in a little shack at the end of a run down alley? Raaaad."
That wave washed over and crashed and dispersed.
Another wave with others faming the little place washed over and crashed.
Tonight I rechristened the place for another time. It was another spur of the moment "Come-see-my-show-I'll-be-there-to-pick-you-up-in-one-minute-who-eats-dinner?!" The bands were fine, the place was as average but charming as ever, the crowd was sparse, and the bass guitarist of the last band had the profile of a saint. Like a detailed Catholic painting Saint. I love a sainted profile with a delicate carving of eyes to each graceful corner. Makes me want to keep gazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment