20 October 2008

tomes of the reference librarian



what were we talking about? Neopolitan ice cream, the creamy three layers popularized in strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, il vient d'italie.
Autumnal times and all their ravings leave me with curiou
s and unidentifiable cravings. I'm missing something, but what? What among all the crunchy leaves and golden little rays and wrappings of scarves that I love oh love, love, what am I missing? Familia? Ma and Da are far far away (vous me manquez toujours*), but I still have ma soeur et mes cousins, mon oncle et ma tante. I play with my cousin's sons for 3-4 hours a day. I have lots of time with familia. New music? Now that's a difficult one. Art, not missing. Food, glorious.


I need to love more.
I've outpoured on crunchy leaves and scarves and cocoas and families and chummy close friends. And it's not Belle's "who cares, no big deal, I want more." It's, I should more. I've got a world I need to tear down my cardboard box walls for. The world isn't bothered by these shy cardboard walls, but I am. It leaves the heart a cold cold uncrunchy place. An empty shade of grey.
Shades, shades, and sheets and sheets, I tear you down and play repeats.

See the photo From The Sartorialist

I shall take my que from childhoods and yellow leaves and pretty pretty settings, and knowledgeable german men, and create again.

Are these ramblings self-centered? I wish we could sit over tea and chat more.

ps. Shining Time Station sounds American because we remember George Carlin not Ringo.
* Miss you always.

4 comments:

  1. Emma have you heard the new Cold War Kids? It's pretty good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that's the only new thing I've been listening to lately actually! thanks mike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think you could use a carmel apple. I always want one in the fall.

    ReplyDelete