09 November 2008

after all the fruit flies died

So I'm considering taking this big step in my life, you know, the telling the boy from "Alaska" that he's charming in Portuguese step. We all face it at some time or another. It's a new phase in life and that first step is awkward and I might misstep and tip over like I did that one time when I was carrying my cousin's baby and now I have a little dent in my shin...in the bone of my shin. I feel such hesitance because you don't always know the boy from "Alaska" as well as you'd like before you start saying sweet nothings in foreign languages but then again in other phases I've hesitated and lost my chance.
Why step this time?

I will not let the Portuguese 'r' defeat me!

Aiyaiyaiyaiyaiy.

5 comments:

  1. have some chocolate milk and be brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Emma! Portuguese is a piece of cake. I mean even I learned to speak it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, genuflect. It makes sense because the "genu" is the knee. Like the articularis genu that moves stuff in the knee so you can move it more easily.

    ReplyDelete