18 November 2008

ode to the need to stop sitting at cafe tables with sartre

Maybe I should stop voicing this reocurring theme....

Does anyone have any suggestions for how one stops pensive-ity and takes action and all that jazz?

Sometimes I sit here on my tuffet (in my wee little basement home) and think, I didn't mean to be Emily Dickenson. I didn't mean to philologize so much I sat behind a wall of words in wistful sentiments staring at my ceiling. I really intended to be the girl in glitter dress dancing on the table. But then my voice was so silent when I opened my mouth and now I find myself getting phone calls from peoples who find my voice comforting and talk no sense to my ears. QUOI ?! OUI !! people who make no sense to me!! Pourquoi est la vie si méfiante* ? As my 101 prof would say each time she turned around, AH-lohr-a (alors).

Been listening to too mucho Joanna Newsom but she's such a great friend.

I would like to be an action type of person for a day.

*ummmm it's something like "why is life so unreliable" like a misbehaving child or something.
alors in this sense is akin to saying "And so..."
oh and Quoi, pronounced kwah, kind-of, means what.

1 comment:

  1. You have solved your own conundrum I think. In the immortal words of Elvis Presley, "A little less conversation, a little more action."

    ReplyDelete