26 December 2008

the way you brush the hair off your forehead


I have a confession to make.
Not a real ousting of sorts since I assume most who read this know me.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I wanted to say that because I've been looking through the November 2008 Ensign, the General Conference issue, and it's full of documentary.
The black and white photos that they tuck in with dear messages remind me of everything I love. I'm sorry I'm not sure where to find a link for you to enjoy them also. I've included a few of mine though.


Have I ever told you why I'm studying documentary?
Because I'm rosy-eyed, or something of the sort.

Because I love every wrinkle in your face (botox is my nemesis). Because I love every moment spent with you, the trinkets I find on the ground, your stories, your doodles, your efficiencies and inefficiencies. I love your stutters, your word patterns, your differing ideas.
Now why?
Because you are divine.

And maybe by sharing and recording our divinity we'll all have a few more answers, we'll wear each other down like polished rocks, we'll sit on front porches and play banjos and do mad-libs, we'll see God a little bit more.
That's all I wanted to say today.

Love you all. Love you world.
Sincerely,
rosy-eyed Marge

1 comment:

  1. "Now you're older and I look at your face, every wrinkle is so easy to place and I only write them down just incase you should die. Just take a look at these closely, just look, sitting on the prettiest eyes 60 25th's of December's. 59 4th of July's. You can't have too many good times children you can't have too many lines. So take a good look at these closely, sitting on the prettiest eyes." -Beautiful South

    ReplyDelete