12 January 2009

cought in the sneed, waiting for algebra to be easier and that's my only excuse for not making sense

Have there been times in your life when you've written it all down?
The population in France has grown by three million in the last seven years. There's a lot of change going on in the big cities over there.
Par exemple, what if your favorite boulangerie with that Emily Dickinson poem went out of business and was taken over by a trendy, watered down, over priced health foods store? You have that poem memorized; Emily Dickinson's #25 (Johnson)

It troubled me as once I was-
For I was once a child-
Concluding how an Atom- Fell-
And yet the Heavens- held-

The Heavens weighed the most- by far-
Yet Blue- and solid- stood-
Without a Bolt- that I could prove-
Would Giants- understand?

Life set me larger- problems-
Some I shall keep- to solve
Till Algebra is easier-
Or simple proved- above-

Then- too- be comprehended-
What sorer- puzzled me-
Why Heaven did not break away-
And tumble- Blue- on me-

If the boulangerie (bakery) were closed, you wouldn't be able to exchange pleasantries with Albert (pronounced Albear) who worked behind the counter and can point out the freshest breads and which bagette is best for your Soupe de courge à la vanille.

But what if you have a gluten intolerant child?

I was a little thoughts filled about change as I was drinking my chocolate milk last night. I decided as long as I kept my carry-on baggage and took my trinkets out often to read them, look at them, talk about them, share them, take care of them, I would be OK if heaven, the heaviest of all, fell on my head.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you have chocolate milk and a reason to drink it.

    ReplyDelete