21 January 2009

sometimes i don't know how those pant suits happen


All those dead horses have been resting in peace for the past few weeks, in case you were following that saga.
This isn't meant to be a shameless plug, although I feel no shame, but NPR is just about the greatest thing to hit this planet since conceptual art, unbleached muslin, and gelato.
Maybe it's an integral part of the orchestration of my life because I grew up on Market Place, Car Talk, Prairie Home Companion, NPR's evening news, Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz, and all the essays and splices of humanity filling this station.

Recently (through the glorious advent of podcastables to my life) I discovered another NPR gem: All Songs Considered.
In the pursuit of beautiful music discussion, All Songs Considered has set up Exclusive First Listen where you can listen to selected artist's entire albums on-line. I know one person who might be reading this would be interested in hearing the new Bruce Sprinsteen album. As for me, I was a little surprised when I was listening to M. Ward's album "Hold Time." He's done a cover of Rave On, which only mon père, ma soeur, and ma mère might recognize. You know, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's beautiful little tune (and if the rest of you would like a reference point, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band did Mr. Bojangles). Anyway, M. Ward's was completely different, as it should be. I'm with-holding judgement at this point. Await la for a later day. La, la, la, la.

Rave on, it's a crazy feeling and ah, I know, you've got me reeling

Rave on to me

Rave on to me

No comments:

Post a Comment