12 February 2009

what happened after we played with dumptrucks in the snow


Today we talked about poo-ing in pants and when that was being all wrapped up (and I didn't even need to get my hands dirty) Monstruo Uno claimed Monstruo Dos had eaten the top off of a floss stick. You know, the reusable kind where you change out the little flossing head. I took the child onto my lap, it's best to treat these cases with precaution, I'm sure, as I don't have any previous experience in this matter, and asked him a few diagnostic questions.
-Did you eat the floss head?
-yeah
-Did you swallow it?
-Yeah
-Did you really swallow it?
-no (or it could have been yeah, sometimes they sound the same)
-Is it in your throat?
-yeah
-Do you know what a throat is?
-no
I pointed at the middle of my neck saying, "This is your throat, this is your throat," then he started poking my neck as well. So I poked his neck back. Then he cuddled up to me and I was so charmed by this goat-like baby and nobody was choking.

1 comment: