27 March 2009

to be in love with the world


This afternoon I bumbled up to campus, enjoying the silent padding of my little black canvas slip-ons and the warm measure of sun that was gazing down on us all. I ended up in the library for a moment intent on finishing THIS FRENCH PAPER when I remembered I was dying for some postage stamps. I turned, and there was un homme staring at me. I figured it to be odd happenstancing awkward eye-contacting or someone I might've met somehow but couldn't remember now. I've done that last one lots. Either way, I tried to step around him but he stopped me and said...

"I really like what you're wearing today."
"Oh...Thank you."
He's still standing there. So I asked, "Do I know you?"
"I don't know. I just really wanted to tell you I liked what you were wearing."
"Well, thanks very much."
"What's your name?"
"Marge, yours?"

And it went on from there. We were going the same direction so we chatted and then when I wanted to keep going my way for stamps and he was to go his way for home I said, "Well...I'll see you later, I guess."
"Yeah, that would be cool."
And he left.
That was it.

Highly unexpected all around.
But still really wonderful because I kept silently padding around in my little black slip-ons.

No comments:

Post a Comment