08 May 2009

my brain feels like cement

There is still a cavernous hole in my documentary. I'm still reviewing tapes and reviewing tapes, churning around the cement in the mixer. I think the next step is to pour it all into the hole to fill it up and make a solid foundation that something can be built off of but I'm nervous about the grade of cement that we bought and whether we should have put gravel down to allow for settling or erosion or water to drain. Something like that. See, I don't know anything about how you make a building. I tinker around in the cavernous hole avoiding the cement mixer.
There's this one section, no actually half of the hole that I'm worried about. We didn't start interviewing the teacher until February 6. Don't ask me how that happened, don't ask me how any of this happened, it's just the way it is. How do I frame months September through January? How do I tell that half of the story that we don't have? Can I breeze over the first 100 days of kindergarten please?

1 comment:

  1. hopefully kindergarten is a breeze, you're in your twenties.

    or do you suffer from adult illiteracy?

    ReplyDelete