17 June 2009

stand on, stand off, stand on music stands


When I work (when I work), my favorite times are times that don't include the editing lab called the Cave. Yeah, I work in a cave. But I like when the neanderthal film self can shed some cromagman and climb up a couple of floors to humanity. I've found an empty classroom which suits me meticulously. There are rows and flows of ordered chairs, all hideously functional in a color that is not quite grey and is chipping off. The doors are black and chipping, the carpet is nondescript the walls nondescript with sound panneling on the top. The corners are packed with out of date TV's, overhead projectors, and music stands. Black and chipping. I sit by the wall of windows in a chipping desk with my feet propped up on a tabletop podium. Minus the tabletop.

Not that it matters to the universe where I work.

It's that predicament of cementing your history and the joy you find in the world around you and the versus side that tells you to stop being self-full.

I feel self-full. gross.

I actually can't stay away from the internet sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. The universe does care Emma. As I was reading your post, I couldn't help but think that you work at Joaquim Elementary school, you know...the one that's torn down. Ah I miss that place. It's lovely running into you. Lu. Liv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel self-full all the time and quite like it.

    ReplyDelete