15 August 2009

powerade is refreshing, too

Some people are of the firm belief that Sherlock Holmes is still alive because the Times of London has never printed an obituary for him (As reported by the book we gave to my sister for her birthday which I immediately borrowed) (I have the best sister ever).

I've been going through the people that I know and wondering who's character I should profile. I've got lists of them and then I think of Charles Dickens and wonder how to appropriately go about my descriptions. I'm lost so I'll just list today.

LIST OF TWO AGREEABLE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE

My roommate who reminds us all to be flexible because we never know when ten people are going to show up to make dinner with her in our kitchen. Or when we decide to delay our plans so we don't leave her alone with a homeless person whom she's invited over for dinner.

The awkward boy at my church who is ever adding interesting moments to my life. I remember my first conversation with him I didn't want to talk to him. Then he stood up in Sunday School and asked if anyone had any little tea lights. I told him I had five dozen and I'd bring over some that afternoon. He wanted them for a science experiment. I made him explain it to me once but I didn't really get it. One Sunday after church he met me in the hall and said, "I wanted to talk to you but I don't have anything to talk about." So I asked him about his life.
I've noticed he's always very concerned about whether or not a girl is happy with her new haircut. He always asks to make sure they're happy with it and they haven't had any of the drastic haircut trauma he's heard about. He's taken an interesting interest in my H.C. In the beginning he met me in the hall after church and said, "I liked your hair better long." Yesterday after church I was talking to a friend and he came over to tell me I should really grow my hair out.
"Oh," I said.
"Well, I guess you'll do whatever you want, I just really liked your hair longer."
"Okay, well, we'll see what happens."
I enjoy people telling me absurdly socially inappropriate things like that. It's refreshing. But it must be authentic and sincere! So don't go starting up cheap imitations!

Yesterday my cousin's sons, mis monstruos, kept sticking their popsicles under my nose to show them to me. Monstruo Uno would like you all to know that if he sticks his rootbear popsicle on Dos's yellow popsicle it tastes like pineapple.

P.S. I enjoy you.

3 comments:

  1. I can perfectly picture both of those people in my head. Beautiful! Makes me wonder what you'd say about me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beeyork...did you cut your hair off? So did I...like super short! I feel like I have lost my identity, but must admit I kinda like that feeling (at least temporarily :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. popsicles and breaking social conventions. joy. awkward joy.

    ReplyDelete