21 September 2009

tonight I lived a moment and that's a cheesy thing to say

I've been making a list of pros and cons comparing my chosen professions. There's no clear winner yet (remember the debate is between poltergeist and Kim Jong-il). If you have any opinions on the matter feel free to comment.

(obviously not from the house show, but the closest we come to a photo of me dancing)
(And I think that's actually from three years ago but anyway...)

I might smell like alcohol right now. I went to a house show tonight and I ignored the part where there was a communal beer being passed around (well, really I thought, "hey, that's the kind I bought nervously at the store to take home to make bread" and "hey, herpes") and I'm also ignoring what I think I heard someone say, and if they said what I think they said they were most definitely a groupie. Point being, I went to a house show. It was the kind of show that's got the beat that gets you every time. You stand there thinking, "I'm really a wise, world weary person, so I'm not going to dance." But then the drum kicks start ticking off the years and all of the sudden you realize you're only 22 and that's a great age to be. Old age? That's never going to happen. You're there there there and you're young and it's one moment and you're suddenly aware that you're tapping your feet knocking your knees twist and shouting and it's just grand.

Sometimes I need to be reminded that it's not enough to be ageless, sometimes I should be my age.

3 comments:

  1. My vote is for poltergeist. I think you would still be able to dance as a poltergeist, but can you imagine Kim Jong-il dancing? That is a scary thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim John-il had his troops roller skating so he is/was up for innovation. He is sick right now and you don't want to be sick. Isn't there another choice besides a poltergeist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget Kim Jong-il, we all know Castro is the way to go. Nothing beats dancing like no ones watching but knowing that everyone IS watching because you are just.so.good.at.it.

    Be 22, be 24, even be 26, just don't be 27! And don't be a poltergeist because then we can't be related because I don't watch scary movies. And then I couldn't grab your collar bone because my hand would go right through you. That would suck for me.

    ReplyDelete