17 September 2009

that leitmotif just fell from that branch that was not even autumned!

I frequently feel that there are a lot of things out there that we could all be laughing at but somehow no one else has noticed the irony. But I suppose that is what irony is derived from. No one noticing it.

But then again, are we reveling so much in our dry wits that they've become kindle, caught a light, and burned this house down in an irreverent and despicable huddle?

Though sometimes I feel like Irony is the one spitting me with her/his pitchfork.

I'm supposed to be studying the Song of Roland right now, and instead of that, today, I have plugged up every spider hole in my wall (hopefully), tried to wrestle my bed frame into shape (failed and now mourning my too soon deconstruction of my nice bed frame), washed the venetian blinds in my bedroom (why those blinds? they're so cheap looking in our vintage windows! Gah, some people's total lack of aesthetics), had dinner, surfed TV, tried to fix the zipper on that great orange 1970's non-dress (second failure of the night), read blogs and found a new band to like for a minute. Point being, apparently I'm going to waste a lot of time before I meet my Roland.

Roland and I are not getting along. I'm too tired to figure out where he's coming from.

I can concentrate, I CAN concentrate. I can.

1 comment:

  1. Your bed put up a good fight. Don't be sad that it beat you (and me).

    ReplyDelete