04 January 2010

obama and his glasses

I have a life-size Obama at my desk. EB's brother got him as a white elephant and EB stole him away and gave me the lovely present. I laughed and clapped with glee when I saw him and now everytime I walk in the study I jump because I think there's a lurker. Well, there is. It's just a cardboard president lurker.

The best kind.

I walked around looking for a job today and almost got conned into ordering the local paper. Again. It's been a long time since I've looked for a job. In fact, I've only looked once. Last year people were offering me jobs all the time. I had to turn jobs down.

I wish that by opening your arms wide and giving your world a tight enough squeeze you could smooth everything into place. You would not feel guilty or half-ended or like half-of-a-friend or like the inconsiderate-sister because you squeezed ever so tightly and that effused love which makes everything all right. You wouldn't be wide-awaked thinking about time flying. How you age and your parents age and someday you go to the grocery store with grandma white hair and everyone treats you differently. You wouldn't be thinking about all the kind things you should be doing and how no one will know how special they are and how it's long past due that you registered your bicycle with the police and if it gets stolen you deserve it and your life will end.

[gaskhdf]
which means: [siiiiighhhh]

Maybe, since you can't do that, you could have some tortilla soup and imagine what it would be like if you could see all the stars in the sky and some extra ones, too. Imagine if there were so many extra stars it could rain stars and they would make shish and ahhh like the light shooting out of the Beast's fingers in the Disney cartoon. And they would bounce off the ground just a little ways like marshmellows do.

Or, option two: Maybe you could fly away to Greece and float in the Mediterranean Sea and have sun-warmed face. Oh yes! Then when you dried off you could walk around in your sun dress and dance with all the locals. Yokels.

GAREEECE!!!!!

Love,
Marge

No comments:

Post a Comment