30 March 2010

I make soup one-handed

...thanks to our cheap can-opener.
Speaking of which, you get a tetnis shot every 7 years right? Hmm...


Today I was finishing up a paper on a campus study room that looks out on a courtyard. The door to the outside opened up letting cool wind in. I looked up, no one was there. It was an afternoon of all the doors opening and closing as the wind went in and out. On a normal day this would have just been interesting, lovely. Today it was something more. If you had seen the movie I had seen today you would have wondered just as much as I did. Wild, Australian, Botticelli angel disappearing in the wilderness leaving behind swans and suicidal, amnesia-ed people.

When I was younger I had a terrified fascination with mysterious disappearances. Staying up late one night doing research for my 9th grade english class I read about people who were presumed to have disappeared into different dimensions. A portal can open up anywhere at anytime. I lay in bed that night imagining that by rolling over I could be catapulted into a different world or maybe by NOT rolling over...

PS. sometimes silly prayers get answered.

1 comment: