16 March 2010

shinji


I watched Barefoot Gen tonight at International Cinema.
So good. And I cried. And I cried. (Though the ending is hopeful.)

This subject gets me everytime.

The older I get the less I understand war. 
HOW IS WAR STILL WAGED?!?!?!
We're not stupid, we know there are people with families and lives and loves and joys and still we kill. I'm not talking about people who sign up for the army, I'm talking about leaders who send people off to war. What is ever accomplished?
WHY?



Barefoot Gen (1983)
Director: Mori Masaki
Writer: Keiji Nakazawa
Japanese title: Hadashi no Gen

1 comment:

  1. money, power, greed, corruption, racism, pride, tradition. Here are a few of the reasons why that I have learned more about in international development. The why isn't too tough, it is how we stop that why from happening that is really tough.

    ReplyDelete