20 March 2010

someone broke the king

Today the hemaglobish machine ate my plasma. It would have been fine except The Fantastic Mr. Fox is such a short book. While it hurts to have a fat needle sucking the lifeblood out of your veins, the most painful part turned out to be when they put Aladdin on the TV. Robin Williams is a spaz and Jasmine is a horrifying damsel in distress. GAG! Unfortunately you are not allowed to sleep while donating plasma, it is hard to distinguish between sleep and passed out blood drained humans. I could not close my eyes to escape.

I doubt it matters how one were to decorate a plasma donation center. They're never going to stop being seedy and filled with an odd mixture of people.

So tonight I lay on my front lawn, cuddled in blankets. I dizzily stared at the cold blue sky bottomed with tree vein branches. What a good sight for that weak delirious feeling.

3 comments:

  1. Ah that totally reminds me! I can totally make some extra dollars by donating plasma. I'll have to find a place in Washington that will let me do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to hear about this experience. As an experienced past donor I know who and what you are talking about. Wait until you see "We are Marshall" three donations in a row. You will want to be drained dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving plasma is usually an interesting experience. I always wonder what people will spend their money on. If you start to be comfortable having a needle in your vein, it's a sure sign that you might wanna stop. (That's when I stopped going so often.)
    Good luck with your future encounters with the hemaglobish machine!

    ReplyDelete