07 July 2010

please enjoy your stady

Well, I couldn´t resist you.

About a quarter of the way into our twentyfour hour long jounrey, J and I decided we both needed the interent terribly. We´re addicted. If you take Internet away from me, there goes half of my world.

So lucky you get to hear of our travels.

In the last week I have been on five different planes. The last three were Spanish as a first language and the last one was full of Portuguese advertisements. Customs have been a breeze (thank heavens), I´ve got a stamp in my passport, I´m staying in a nice german evangelical hostel, I´m talking to people in Franglish (That´s French/English/Spanish) (If I dropped the French I would stop confusing people), the weather is lovely, customs people can´t translate, just looking at airplane food made me lose my appetite, it gets dark here early, I´m reading the Jorge Luis Borges poetry book that B gave me--it´s got the original spanish and then the english translation next to it. I´m learning lot´s of useful words like "alma" "marmol" and other poesia words like that. (Soul and marble etc etc.) I´m sure they will come in handy. I was going to have a great poetical, philosophical post about this travel to and arrival in Paraguay but I keep getting destracted by my internet bill going up. And this keyboard is difficult. ñññññññññ Everything is all messed up. My fingers are even more english than the rest of me.


Something better to come later.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck in Paraguay. Customs people are always more intimidating than they seem.
    Tip- Don't declare anything when you are coming back unless you are bringing back produce (seeds, etc), a monkey or a child. I don't recommend bringing back any of those things.
    Look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma I'm having such a hard time living without you. not sleeping outside with you is just not the same. and i've been drinking simply juice like crazy. and get this... out of the bottle!!!! someone's got to, right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that I would be satisfied with just one stamp in my passport but then when I got one I just wanted more. If only I had more funds...I would have my passport filled. Enjoy your trip. Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing from you in any form. Cabin can't come too soon.

    ReplyDelete