15 September 2010

first they shocked the horse with an electric current.

hey spider.


when I killed you tonight when I got home and saw you were still in my bathroom, well I'm sorry. I meant it when I said "but that's just not where you're supposed to live, dammit." And I knew I was committing an abominable sin. You're a spider but there's life and there's death and we have no idea what we're doing. I'm not being facetious this time, I wish I were.


I've got hope these things work out, I really believe they do–  but you know, it's still such a fallen thing.

Can't you all just see how divine you and everything and everybody else is/are?


from m, who apologizes for being such a dramatic, somber child but sometimes it takes you a while to get back in balance after watching a film of the slaughter of various kinds of animals (the baby cows are the worst), especially if you're the type of person who can't help but think about all the other horrible things that happen in the world. there's beauty and there's glory and there's hope and I love humanity but. This is why I need Christ. You've all got your own ideas but I need mine.

Sometimes I imagine I'm a little girl again, back in my Grandma's basement watching the first film by Norman McClaren I had ever seen. 

God, do you close your eyes sometimes?


read this.

2 comments:

  1. I really wish the spiders would start listening to you, but for some reason they are always drawn to your bathroom.

    I just rented "Hotel Rwanda" and I'm trying to figure out when to watch it, because genocide just gets me upset. Its like you said, I need to remember the beauty and glory and hope that exists through Christ, because if I focus too much on the death and heartache and hatred that exists in the world, its overwhelmingly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "God, do you close your eyes sometimes?" Does everyone wonder that? I do.

    ReplyDelete