17 September 2010

I disagree with myself very often, by the way


Part of me wants to ignore the romantic in me. I want to blunder happily along my single, film-obsessed life until the day I wake up and realize I'm in love with something other than film, in fact, in love with somebody.

Most parts of me would be horrified to find myself in this situation. I do not receive information well, I struggle with information until everybody ends up with lots of battle scars.

Once I watched a strange French movie with a boy. The people in the movie learned by putting on headphones and having a voice tell them a bunch of facts. I said I'd hate that, he said what's wrong with that, I said if you can't ask any questions why would you believe any of it?



Lately I can't get enough of Bob Dylan's song I want you. Perhaps leaving out the complexity of the character of Bob Dylan, it's everything I've found endearing and infuriating when boys have told me they liked me. The harmonica is the happiest, most sincere troubadour in the world and I stare wide-eyed thinking about how someone's just described an entire planet in one word. 
 

1 comment: