04 October 2010

i sit outside to balance it out.

I have started pulling that invisibility stunt on gchat more often. Maybe you don't notice because you can still see me there a lot. Of course you can, everything I do requires a computer. For work I research film festivals and text edit some google docs; I grade summaries and grades are stored on my computer (and backed-up on an external hard drive, if you're the worrying type); and now I'm searching databases for scholarly articles on British comedies before the 1960s. I write "papers," have on-line discussions, and watch videos for classes. I edit films. I type up my Grandma's journal. So much computer time.

I need a break.

So I pull out of digital things, one being chat.
 
Here's another reason.

Last night I went on a walk with Lesshalynn which helped shut-up present stresses about the present and the future.  Nothing is solved, I am the same, but I feel better. No digital communication ever does this.

(Except for sometimes emails from my parents.)

No comments:

Post a Comment