14 October 2010

patches.

There is touch of construction going on at the south end of campus which means I now park my bike and have to make a bit of a detour through a little campus park and up a hill and around some buildings until I'm finally going in the direction I want to go.

This afternoon, I decided it's not so bad. I keep running into my uncle, who is a professor, as we now both traverse the hill. It's not often I remember I'm his niece and that's a special thing. We lived so far away when I was a kid, I didn't know what aunt and uncles were like.

But this afternoon he said "Hows my favorite Marge?" and walked me to my bicycle. 

1 comment:

  1. My best friend growing up had a cat named patches. I thought you were going to write about a cat but your post was so much better. :)

    ReplyDelete