27 November 2010

from funk to groove, I think...

I am about to pull myself out of a funk. Yes, I've fallen into a funk this week and while I have petty medical reasons I can blame, mostly, it's been a funk and nobody knows what to do about those.

Here's a story for you. I love having my toenails painted orange. I discovered this when I got a pedi for Megdarling's wedding and yesterday I purchased my very own orange nail polish. Yes, I bought nail polish. I hate accumulating stuff I won't use and nail polish and I have a dubious relationship. Ever seen me with painted fingernails? 
Cousin L painted my nails pink once. I lasted a day. 
I painted my nails black once. I let that wear off.

So this evening during my millionth episode of some TV show I tried to paint my toe nails orange. And by that I mean my toe nails are orange and maybe a little extra around the sides. Makes my little feeties look pretty.

But that is not what inspired me out of my funk. My eyes are tired from the amount of computer screen/TV screenage I've been having (some of the subjection recreational, but also due to my jobs/profession/school). I took a break and turned to this book, The Elegance of the Hedgehog (which has been taking me a long time because I'm also reading a few text books, magazines, newspapers, and some other books for research). Anyway, the power of the printed word. Viva those pens....typewriters...etc.

Why I felt the need to blog about the pitiful inner workings of my lazy life (I am most lazy when I am most stressed, P.S.) is beyond the comprehension of any one of us. I just hope that my failure can help us all bond more closely together. Also, I hope if I publicly state I'm going to get out of a rut I will privately become productive again.

Love,
Marge. 

2 comments:

  1. I want to see your cute feeties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting out of your funk! And yay for nail polish and the printed word! :)

    ReplyDelete