03 November 2010

i am not weary over miniskirt dresses. i am weary over...

1. When I get to heaven I'm going to an Otis Redding concert.

2. A girl in my living room just said she didn't think a woman should ever be president. Now, I don't really agree with that but I do feel like there could possibly be some intelligent arguments against having a Mrs. or Ms. or Miss President. I'm not quite sure what they are. What I am sure is NOT an intelligent argument is, "It's called hormones." And then to continue on about how female hormones keep you from good decision making. A girl said that. Now if that doesn't just make you want to cuss like a sailor.

A girl said that. It's so horrifying. Disgusting. Pardon, I have to go puke. 

5 comments:

  1. I like your thinking. Hormones are a bother for both genders! Both genders need to watch letting them make the decisions! That is one of the tests of our character and of this life. "see that ye bridle all your passions, that you may be filled with love"--so in closing and in keeping with this quote that I should live by....don't go swear like a sailor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. . . I cannot believe another female would say that. Actually, unfortunately I can see another female saying that which makes me uber sad. I'll join you in puking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, THAT girl should never be president. I am pretty confident about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally vote for a woman president. In fact, in my class entitled "The International Political Economy of Women" we talked about how women make very good leaders because they think practically rather than abstractly. We need both genders in leadership and with a measly 17% of legistature positions filled by women world-wide, the world could really use some more feminine leadership.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I like this guy before me. IPEW is the best class ever and everyone in the world should take it. This living room girl included.

    ReplyDelete