29 November 2010

you could try


"I want to listen to James Brown with you."

Would you like to know something silly? My career choice involves reading forty year old newspapers, avidly watching music videos, studying movie credits, pretending to look at everything as though there were a camera frame around it, noticing how when i use a remote I'm not just changing a channel I'm editing a show/commercial/movie, and listening to people talk about Freud.

Yes. You read correctly: I would actually like to do scholarly work on music videos. In fact, I'm thinking about including the evolution of the "independent woman" in music videos from Destiny's Child (skipping over gag me kelly clarkson) to Ne-Yo in my class presentation of my personal film theory.

"I want to watch music videos with you." 

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I love everything about this. Especially the skipping over Kelly Clarkson part!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I wonder what documentary you have made about me in your head.

    ReplyDelete