12 December 2010

theory of relativity part I

December isn't what I thought it was. That's my conclusion these past few months starting in September. The weather kind of changes, I'm swept up in various different activities, I've grown –> everything has changed.

But it hasn't.

Am I not prepared?

Am I holding onto something?

Is time moving faster? (yes.)

In elementary school you have themed calendars. October becomes associated with black cats and the color orange. November is fallen leaves and little pilgrim couples in their black and white period costumes. This is clear: October is not November.

Perhaps it is this lack of distinction between months. They slip out as the next kind of wanders in without announcing itself. The calendar tells me there's something going on. November 30th. December 1st. What's different? Why has the word changed? We just went from Tuesday to Wednesday.

How do months differ?

And why does this matter?

I'm in an ambiguous soup of time. Yesterday I was laying in my hammock writing a paper about Beyonce's If I were a boy and tomorrow I will be in a cafe in Paraguay eating mbeyu. Does anyone else know this feeling? Albert Einstein studied it. Kind of.

 

3 comments:

  1. I love that "If I were a Boy" so much. I think I'm going to watch it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, are you really going to Paraguay??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always learn so much from you. :)

    ReplyDelete