30 January 2011

Imagine a construction site. It's in the early stages with rubble ground from past destruction and eminent construction and just two elevator shafts constructed. Imagine a Christmas tree on top of one of these elevator shafts. I saw this. I walked home from church inspired by Leanne Shapton's art project, A Month of Sunday Walks, and was well rewarded. 

My family would always take Sunday walks down to the river, past the canadian geese. It was much more quintessential picturesque than my walk from l'église. Radio Shack, car lots, an old Blockbuster turned Karate studio. It's a road of small town industry. I find it a different kind of beautiful and wish I always had a camera with me to share this with you.



My Grandma loved vinegar. Her mom would send her to the neighbors to borrow half a cup of vinegar and she would ask for a whole cup so she could drink the first half. I used to think that was weird and quirky.
I've started drinking vinegar.
It's good for headaches and stomachs.

2 comments: