19 February 2011

rainy saturday

(which could have been retitled "We make the hipsters fall in love.")
a cold kind of day.

This morning I momentarily pondered showering with my sweatshirt on for my bathroom is a cold attic kind of room.

In the afternoon, I sat at Megdarling's kitchen table (in lieu of my regular position at my kitchen table). We worked and the world dripped outside. 


Megdarling designs graphically. A year ago she enlisted me in her project Common Threads, interviewing women about what being a woman meant to them. I sat in the background with little digital camcorders balancing on my knee recording these conversations in awe of the variety of answers.

There was somewhere I was going to go with that, touching really. However, it's now later, after a party. A party where I met this new person–well I met a couple of new people–which is refreshing since I mostly hang out with married people and that will really make a single kid feel stale–we talked for a long time about a lot of things and it was really enjoyable. Then I told him I liked Ke$ha. I have never seen a conversation end so quickly. I mean, I even tried to use the guilty pleasure line but he entirely closed up and left. the party. Left.

Then Alicia and I commandeered the kitchen and turned it into a mini dance party. It was a great thing.


There's your profound thought for the night: KE$HA as a conversation killer.


common threads from Marge Bjork on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. hi, i secretly love katy perry. But it really is a guilty pleasure. I totally get what you mean about conversation killer. Teenage dreaming....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like being surprised by things that people like. One of my good friends was really into 'Mean Girls,' the movie. and Jay-Z. It was unexpected but I liked her more for that.

    I also remember meeting you in my very small apartment while you filmed me talking. I remember thinking that you seemed very nice and very interesting. I still think those things.

    ReplyDelete