10 March 2011

i felt better after admitting i feel like a failure so i'm going to continue to blab here...

was the text I got from Alicia this afternoon. No explanation other than that. But don't worry, I wasn't confused.

was my response. Although I perhaps remembered the "e" at the end of "they're."

Alicia and I are in the same boat. 



























Ours is a tiny tugboat named College Grads biding their time with Limbo crossed out underneath (We have enough time to come up with new ways to describe our situation). Tickets cost thousands of dollars so it's a pretty exclusive tugboat yacht and sometimes we see iceburgs and other metaphorical dangerous things like that–the biggest danger being cabin fever. We're special kids who are over-educated for jobs at dollar stores and book-learning has made us too weak to get general labor jobs. Although that might have had something to do with how my voice sounds over the phone. I'm not sure I impress people with my brute force when they hear me speak. 

But! I have waken up happy the last two days in a row. I think I'm on to something. Not a steady paying job, but you know.... Ahoy mateys! (Generic cereal reference perhaps?) 

3 comments:

  1. i think hillary would be proud of your art analysis of the photograph. oh limbo, how i miss you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is funny and so true. Sometimes I think it would have been better to get a trade degree, but things work out. Best of luck! I think tugboats are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey.
    I miss you.

    Maybe you're feeling poorly because it's been so long since you've done our dishes?
    Sadly, we're staying at the Pitcher's house these days, so there are no crusty pots for you to tackle.

    ReplyDelete