07 April 2011

an essay in parts: part II

Jad Abumrad & Robert Krulwich of RadioLab. Photo by way of WNYC

















RadioLab podcast "In Silence"

 Robert Krulwich reads a sermon he gave at a synagogue about the story of Abraham being commanded by God to sacrifice his son, Isaac. "It’s my attempt to try to reason–to try to make sense out of one of the darkest and most difficult stories that humans have ever told each other."

Don't toss this off for fear of hearing starched collars and bad syllogisms–those things won't happen, Krulwich has a voice and stories that would brighten any dinner party. RadioLab is perhaps my favorite podcast (even over the ridiculously popular–and yeah I enjoy it too–This American Life). I once heard described as being a hybrid of This American Life and Bill Nye the Science Guy.

2 comments:

  1. i wish you were living with me. i read your blog and imagine you writing it, sitting on the couch or in bed. curled up eating a pear or something, and it makes me miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man. remember how we were really great at being roommates? I'll bring the pears.

    ReplyDelete