19 April 2011

how do you know what a wasp is thinking?

In my bathroom on a window ledge is a large envelope that has "DON'T MOVE AT ANY COST" scrawled on it in sharpie. Because on this envelope is a wasp, trapped under a small glass jar, trapped under a brick. I feel guilty that it's slowly suffocating (I hope). I hope and I feel guilty?

This is me as your protector: kicking washing machines, beating spiders until they have been dead for minutes, and leaving wasps in jars. It's just, what do I do? Let the wasp out to sting me multiple times? Or to build a nest in my backyard to sting someone many multiples of times? No. So it stays in it's glass prison.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a glass prison. Frosted glass because I have only mild ruminations and intuitions about what my future should hold.

What is this wasp thinking right now?

1 comment:

  1. It was thinking "what beautiful skin you have Marge; so milky white. I want nothing more but to sting it. If only I could get out of this glass cage."

    I'm glad you didn't let it out.

    ReplyDelete