08 August 2011

a day in which I realize I would have a difficult time being a truck driver

Or, less succinctly: After hours of driving by myself I snap and start yelling, "I'm booooooored.....AHHHHHH!!!! I'M A MONSTERRRRR!!!!!!! ROAR ROAR RAORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!" Also, singing with the radio, "FOREVER'S GONNA START TONIIIIIIIIGHT, FOREVER'S GONNA START–once upon a time..."

And to go along with that, a series of my impressions (in no particular order) from the last 24 hours written in list form:

1) This is a strange land I've come to

2) Oh no! People from high school!

3) I'm drowning in prairie

4) This is a nice breeze

5) My piano teacher doesn't recognize me

6) We used to play pretend wedding when we were little! This isn't pretend!!! I'm crying! She's so beautiful! I remember him, so quiet in high school...

7) All the horrifying anti-abortion billboards!*


8) read on billboard "Be American, Buy Ethanol." My reaction: "Whoa.... Hahahahahahaha"

9) (Chuckle) These young kids remember when I was Chrissy Jo Jenkins of The Phantom of the Country Opera (chuckle, chuckle) That was a weird play.**

10) Minnesota is really good at road signs

11) I just drove past Lake Wobegon Trail....



*This is not meant as any sentiment for or against abortion. All I'm saying is the anti billboards are disturbing to me in so many ways.

**More to come later on the dynamics of a small town where people you don't know will forever remember you and treat you like an old friend, something which forever boggles my mind and is also awesome

3 comments:

  1. i wish i had time to talk to you this afternoon. love you darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me smile. Mostly because you sang total eclipse of the heart at the beginning of it. And also because I miss your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly where you are if you just drove by Lake Wobegone trail! Ahh! HOME!

    ReplyDelete