18 October 2011

I spent my morning in a parking lot, how bout you?

The campus I work at is smoke-free, which means that everyone has their smoke breaks in parking lots and alleys. I mostly find this funny, I mean, what do you mean campus is smoke-free? If the lots and the alleys aren't campus then all you have left are the buildings and one grassy quad. I don't give tickets for cigs, though, so this just gives me an audience, added incentive to put a little strut in my step and flourish in my windshield wiper release.

Here I will admit to something: I have always been intellectually ambitious. From a young age (four) I have admired people with multiple doctorates. I don't need to be acknowledged as the smartest kid in the class (because I rarely am) and I don't need to do G R E A T things and win noble prizes (I meant that). I've been thinking lately that I'd really like to be like the letter p in pterodactyl. The p is silent but in on all the action. I want to be silent p (I meant that).

So I've started my own brain growing school with several courses. Someday I'll tell you about my school of one. That's my cop out for not boring you now. You can thank me later/now/yesterday.

  


















I have a goal to see how many times I can use this picture.

P.S. I have decided that if I ever get a life prison sentence I will read Ulysses by James Joyce.


And today is Mali Refugee Music Day (at my school of me). Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. what happens if other people want to attend your school, and learn more of your subtle (and expert)use of grammar and admiration of silent letters???

    (my code word is "apeedi". hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you.
    I could never be satisfied as a Silent P.
    I want to attend your school of you.
    I like that you taged this post with "Mean lady job."

    ReplyDelete