03 October 2011

"ke-bab"

It's easy to get a skewed picture of what I'm doing with my life right now, I should know, I live it. Not that it matters if you are all skewered but when it's me things get crazy pretty quickly. Like today when I was thinking, Do I miss school? If I were a professor I wouldn't be giving people parking tickets. I should be a professor. If there is anything I have learned from having a father who teaches future teachers: T H I S   D O E S   N O T   Q U A L I F Y  A S   A P P R O P R I A T E  J U S T I F I C A T I O N   F O R   B E C O M I N G   A N   E D U C A T O R ! ! !


But possibly even worse is when I start wondering, Who could I marry instead of do this job? Not that marriage would negate the necessity of me working but knowing that there is no one within a 60 mile radius whom I would ever marry, ergo: move at least sixty miles = I don't do this job. This is not too strong a statement, there are not that many people in this 60MR and I know enough of them. But truth be told, I can never think of anyone in a kajillion mile radius whom I would marry right   n o w   either.


So.


I give people parking tickets. And most of the time I remember that's not all I do.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, but educators have to give out grades. That could possibly be worse. Possibly. :)

    ReplyDelete