18 November 2011

letters for all of you! kind of. not in the mail though. just right here.

Dear friends and family and maybe a stranger or two,


I like my job. Even when my job is standing in a parking lot at 7:15 in the morning watching the sun rise and stomping my boots to stave off the 6˚ F weather. Because we went from weeks of 47˚ to this week where 27˚ is the high. Also, I'm really excited I figured out how to make the degree symbol ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ or if you're french the ciècle symbol ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ also this guy: •••••• Really fun and aesthetically useful. So I hope they show up correctly on your computer, otherwise have fun with those WingDings!

See, I know what needs to be done and I know I'm useful when I'm hauling pylons in a tiny pick up truck that has no sound system. Where the tape deck or radio would be there's a piece of tape on the dash that says, "Please hum." And it's just nice to greet people when I'm the gate keeper. The gate being a road block that I drag open and shut.
˚•˚
This is a relief from academia where I'm always wondering, Did I just make that up? Everybody knows [insert an exciting conclusion I have just arrived at] already, don't they. or Why is this article so convoluted?!? What's wrong with engaging your readers? Why do they hate people? It's OK, nobody's going to bully you for being a nerd anymore.
•˚•
I have begun investing money into serious winter gear which makes me feel like I should only apply to grad schools where intense winter boots and long johns will be useful. Luckily my top picks are in Canada.


∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞


always (are you catching that?)
M


P.S. I'm working on my emailing strangers skills.

1 comment:

  1. i really like you.--Seattle requires some winter gear, and is very close to canada.

    ReplyDelete