27 March 2012

tree dance

Sometimes Batman Begins(2005) is playing on TV and I stay at the gym a bit longer than I had planned. And when I see Katie Holmes looking out for a little boy after the mass chaos of evil has started ensuing all over Gotham and I realize my inner critical theoretician is about to start analyzing archetypes and subliminal messages I mostly stop. Because I just want to enjoy and not think too hard about the perpetuation and exaggeration of rigid gender roles. And I'm trying to forget the part where Liam mentions economics. 


But I will say two things:
1.  Liam Neeson in this movie is like a super twisted Old Testament angel. OK, OT's already got some twisted stuff, but Liam dear has his extremely dark purging the earth stuff. Also, I still get really sad for him every time I think about how his real life wife is dead. And Taken(2008) is the worst movie every made. And I really hope IMDB is lying when it says there's a Taken 2 in post-production.
2. Batman flying with his bat cape wings? Extremely, undeniably, 100% awesome. That Christian Bale...




Then on the way home from the gym it is too beautiful, I must detour by a gravel road to catch some stormy spring.





3 comments:

  1. taken! two thumbs up!
    taken 2? four thumbs up! ah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're great. also i love these pictures. also i might love you more after reading this. maybe.

    ReplyDelete