27 May 2012

well, I'll just ramble it out quickly

Some amazing things about Seattle are that there aren't just any street musicians, there are a large amount of street musicians playing the banjo. I love the banjo. All that stringy strumminess just makes me so happy.


Also, there's this guy who whistles classical music incredibly well. Every note is distinct and he whistles with feeling and dynamics. And all he does is tap a little tuning fork to his knee to get a pitch and before you know it you're in the middle of a Bach flute concerto. He's someone Jbottom knows so she got him to give us a private mini concert. I was bursting from amazement.


And there's a statue of Lenin in Freemont. Don't worry about it, it's really just there for art's sake.


And there was so much good food. An award winning French bakery where I went totally gourmand, Mexican food, I made mozerella with Rich and ate it on a pizza he and Cousin L made. And they made me clams and pasta––mmmmmm. And there were farmers markets and an old man street musician who played What's Up by the 4 Non Blonds, and parks with statues showing the development from tadpole to frog, and long walks, and large H&M's, and Pikes Place bien sûr, and evenings of being thoroughly confused by BBC's Bleakhouse (2005), and tea parties that are fantastically decorated and I wear a turban, and bon fires on the beach, and a  blessed THREE HOUR NAP (I'll never forget it, seriously. I treasure the memory of really good sleeps, like that time I slept deeply and completely dreamlessly for 12 hours––pure bliss), and quiet times with Jbottoms, and a baby, and Japanese dollar stores where I buy a fake tattoo of a skull and cross bones that says "plunder, trade, egalitarianism." Yeah, that's my new motto.


And I have no pictures for you.


Well, I took some, but I haven't uploaded them yet. They  may mostly be of seagulls because I thought my dad would like to look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment