21 July 2012

I think about the taming of the shrew a lot these days

Today I went to the temple and did some temple stuff. Then I went to a bar.


Or more like a small restaurant and bar and I was just one person so I sat at the bar and ate sweet potato fries and read e e cummings (GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY WHAT AN ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!). I felt a bit silly and a bit happy but most of all I felt a bit fascinated. There were so many taps all with elaborate handles and strange names. How would you ever know what you wanted? Do you have to try them all? All those taps and the drains below and the slightly sour sick smell of the beer wafting my way.


Some afternoons I am reminded of my naivety. 


In some cases it's real confusion and muddle; in others it's a naivety I'm looking forward to putting aside; and still in more others, I will just always be a curious child wanting you to tell me everything.


And some nights I listen to this song over and over and over again.


4 comments:

  1. If you'd really like to know, I could tell you.

    And, I was thinking about correcting you, but "naivety" is totally correct, and the only way you should spell that word if you don't have the wherewithal to figure out umlauts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing about what you just said surprises me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reread that comment and it comes off know-it-all-y. I don't know it all. I'm glad I learned about naivety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, here's the thing, chuck, if anyone thinks you sounded know-it-all-y I'll kick them in the shins.

    Also, I deserve chastisement because ï tötälly knöw höw tö üsë ümläüts, ï jüst gët läzy. Which is sad. Because it's cool that english still has a word here and there that uses special characters.

    ReplyDelete